Thursday, April 30, 2015

diy: rockin' bookends



in the last year I've seen endless pictures of crochet-lace covered rocks circulating on Pinterest. They're super adorable and lovely, but beg the question: what the heck am I supposed to do with this? 

today as I attempted to reorganize my bookshelves for the millionth time, I decided it would be fun to make a few bookends and was finally able to put some lacy rocks to use.


 The wooden portions of the bookends themselves are nothing incredibly special, just a piece of scrap wood--although I did use my mom's miter saw (I think that's what it's called??? FYI woodworking is quite obviously not my greatest skill) for the first time and managed not to lose any fingers, so I'll count it as a success.  Other than a bit of sanding, I decided to leave them raw to go along with the natural aspect.



please note my impeccable taste in book selections--every person ever should read The Mistmantle Chronicles, and Lemony Snicket taught me everything I know in the way of sarcasm.    
                 



I can only hope that my mom doesn't mind the rocks I stole from our flowerbed.


Harvey the Cat joining me for photos

such a nice change from normal crochet projects, and hopefully a nice touch for my shelves!

xo
Sara Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment