Tuesday, April 28, 2015

diy: charger into necklace

with all of the brilliant technological advances of our time, I will never understand why iphone chargers only seem to last me like a week.

I'm currently at that point where my charger probably isn't safe to use anymore, but if you kind of bend it to the left and hold it just right, technically, it still works.

One time my dad, noticing such a need in my life, decided to purchase a heavy-duty charger for me.  My dad has a certain breed of initiative that some might call "impulse buying"--so not only was this a really heavy duty charger, it was a heavy duty, 10 foot long charger.  In short, the definition of luxury...that lasted for maybe a month.

It was a tragedy, but I wasn't about to waste that much material--so here we have the first of many projects putting it to use.  I'm kind of obsessed with peter pan collars at the moment, so this was a fun "industrial"-style twist.






If my dad is an impulse buyer, I definitely inherited that trait.  I bought this one jewelry-like belt at a thrift store once for unknown reasons--seriously, other than a couple of girls at Coachella, no one would ever wear this thing.  I had plans to take it apart and eventually discovered that the rings of the belt itself weren't nearly as useful as the little metal loops holding them in place.  They worked out for this project rather nicely since they crimp perfectly and are wide enough to string a chain through.



all in all a fun + energizing project! (get it, energizing, charger?? my apologies for the low quality pun.)

xo,
Sara Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment